ip connection of mototrbo repeaters.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hocine
New User

ip connection of mototrbo repeaters.

Post by hocine »

Hello,
i want to interconnect two mototrbo repeaters of two different sites by ip connection to provide wide coverage area, but i will use the same frequencies in the two sites. what problem will occur if i do that ?
what is the model of the router i must use to connect the mototrbo to the wan ?
thanks .
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Re: ip connection of mototrbo repeaters.

Post by Motoboy »

It depends on what type of seperation (i.e. isolation) you have between your sites. If they are too close together, you will experience intermod the same as you would on any other repeater. In other words, if there is not enough isolation between the two sites, the system will not work. The intermod will cause the radio to miss the timing pulses that are key to its TDMA operation, and the radio will never receive.

That being said, there are workarounds as with anything else. If you are trying to cover two cities that are 30 miles apart, for example, and you don't care about coverage in between, you can try cranking the power down, but there are no gurantees.

If you are going to spend money on a Mototrbo system and more money on connectivity, why not spend a little bit more and get the license straightened out and do it right?

/\/\b
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
Ali Abbassi

Post by Ali Abbassi »

if the distance between the two sites is large enough not to produce any overlap , you will be fine ,if you have overlap area ,then you have to use different freq.
Any router would work , I have used D-link ,and NetGear ,both worked fine
d119

Post by d119 »

Motoboy wrote:It depends on what type of seperation (i.e. isolation) you have between your sites. If they are too close together, you will experience intermod the same as you would on any other repeater. In other words, if there is not enough isolation between the two sites, the system will not work. The intermod will cause the radio to miss the timing pulses that are key to its TDMA operation, and the radio will never receive.

That being said, there are workarounds as with anything else. If you are trying to cover two cities that are 30 miles apart, for example, and you don't care about coverage in between, you can try cranking the power down, but there are no gurantees.

If you are going to spend money on a Mototrbo system and more money on connectivity, why not spend a little bit more and get the license straightened out and do it right?

/\/\b
I don't think intermod is the term you are looking for, it would be more of a phase loss issue in that in the coverage area overlap, the signals from the two sites would be out of phase creating a heterodyne effect and rendering the receivers in the subscriber units useless.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

Hocine posed the same question in another thread.

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... 07#p418507
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Post by Motoboy »

Thank you d119! Heterodyne was the term I was looking for but I couldn't think of it at the time.
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

As has been said, frequencies can be re-used in an IP Site Connect system as long as they are not overlapping. Be aware that the 'color code' must be different at each site that the same frequencies are re-used.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”