going digital

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

going digital

Post by johnny1225 »

I have a customer right now that is using mototrbo radios within a hospital, but are using it in analoge. They use a MC1000 deskset for security control. Now once they go digital which they are in the next couple of weeks, i know the XPR8300 repeater will need a control station because the back connector does not work in digital format. My question is will the MC1000 deskset still work using a control station so i can plug in the MR100 adapter to the back of it or do i have to replace it with a MC3000 which is digital. What are my options?

Regards

John
RFguy

Re: going digital

Post by RFguy »

What features are you looking for on the MC1000/control station?

If it just basic talk and listen (no channel change or use of MOTOTRBO features such as ID dispaly, emergency, private calling etc), then you should be goo to go.

To get all the bells and whisles, then you will need to have direct access to the control station, or go to a dispatch solution such as TurboVUi.

I,m not aware that the MC3000 will work with a MOTOTRBO control station, but I hear that an IP based remote is in the works and will work with the gateway that the MIP5000 uses.
johnny1225

Post by johnny1225 »

Its just talk and listen from other hospitals within the general area. These hospitals are also going to digital the same time as i switch the hospital i am talking about. So they don't use any special feature just talk and listen
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

You should be good to go with a DC adapter. Note: the MR100 will not directly plug into a MOTOTRBO.

I'm not aware of a pre-configured adapter. You may have to go for something like a CPI DTP2 and do the interfacing/configuration to the radios rear connector.

As far as the application (Security), it seems a shame that they will not realize any of the rich features of their new MOTOTRBO system.

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”