Control station

Moderator: Queue Moderator

johnny1225

Control station

Post by johnny1225 »

I have a hospital that is using Mototrbo in analoge mode and is working in great condition. They have decided that they are now going to go digital. The hospital is remoted right now with a Mr200 adapter plugged into the back of the XPR8300 repeater and are using a MC1000 deskset at control at another hospital. I know that i need a control station were the XPR8300 repeater is so i can plug into the back of that. My question is does the control station need to be programmed on the repeater frequency or is it programmed on the radio frequency, so that i can continue to remote back to control at the other hospital. Thank you for a quick response.

Thanks in advance

John
RFguy

Re: Control station

Post by RFguy »

The control station will be programmed with the same frequency pair as the user portable radios are programmed to talk to the repeater.

If the repeater transmits on 451.1125 and receives on 456.1125, then your control station will be the opposite of this (transmits on 456.1125 and receives on 451.1125).

You will need to licence the base station.

I suggest that you use a XPR4550 display model in the event that they ever upgrade to some sort of a console dispatch (MIP5000). that way it is compatible. I mention that from experience. We have several hospitals that were remote controlled via wireline (control station talking into a repeater) and they went to MIP5000 and had to replace the non-display model control station with the display model.
johnny1225

Re: Control station

Post by johnny1225 »

Thanks for the response. My other question is do i have to do anything
to the back of the mobile control station programming wise or is it plug and
play.......

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”