Community Repeater + Digital

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pump3

Community Repeater + Digital

Post by Pump3 »

Wondering if anyone has attempted or has working a set up like I want to do

I have a community repeater, but eventually want to move everything to trbo digital

I want to have a Community Repeater Panel, likely a CSI TP-154 Plus, interfaced to the trbo repeater, in Dynamic Mixed Mode, and have the repeater respond to analog calls through the tone panel, or to digital calls through the internal controller

Can it be done?
amutis
New User

Re: Community Repeater + Digital

Post by amutis »

One of ours repeaters have a simlilar configuration
Motorola DGR6175 (xpr8300) with a zetron m37max tone panel.

The repeater is programmed in dinamic mixed mode, when a call is analog the tone panel decode the tone and repeat, if the call is digital de repeater repeat in digital.

Work great, we have a wo works in digital with subscribers with gps, the use the trbonet software, and clients workimg in analog.
Last edited by amutis on Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KitN1MCC
What radios do you own?: ht1550 XLS,6 MT-1000,

Post by KitN1MCC »

i am building a new from Scratch one all Digital it can all be done internally but it mixed mode i do not think it will work. go 100% digital
boteman
What radios do you own?: AudioMate 360

Post by boteman »

Are you trying to link each PL code to a particular TRBO talkgroup/channel? That would allow you to migrate users over gradually instead of a forklift upgrade.
Pump3

Post by Pump3 »

No, I basically want a two-in-one community repeater, the repeater running in Mixed Mode, multiple PL's or DPL's for analog radio users via a external tone controller, and multiple talkgroups for digital users using the internal controller....

Some users want digital and the advanced features, some dont care/don't have the money at this point

This will be with a Vertex VXD-R70 but as far as I can tell so far there is no real different between that and the XPR8400
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

I don't know if it was just us, but I was never able to successfully intergrate a community panel on one of our test XPR 8400 repeaters. One of the reasons we dumped them. Using PL was OK, but it couldn't handle DPL or LTR coding. Anyone else able to, and care to share pinouts?
Pump3

Post by Pump3 »

Check out the Mototrbo System Planner, it says how to hook up tone panels and LTR controllers, I think you have to combine both the controllers audio outputs, audio out and disc out, into one wire @ the proper level, since the repeater only has the one audio input, and you have to configure some audio settings in CPS
RADIOMAN2002
What radios do you own?: More than I can count

Post by RADIOMAN2002 »

Did that. work for PL only, no good for DPL or LTR, appears that low frequency is filtered out.
JRayfield

Post by JRayfield »

I've successfully used an XPR8300 repeater on LTR.

John Rayfield, Jr. CETma
RADIOMAN2002 wrote:I don't know if it was just us, but I was never able to successfully intergrate a community panel on one of our test XPR 8400 repeaters. One of the reasons we dumped them. Using PL was OK, but it couldn't handle DPL or LTR coding. Anyone else able to, and care to share pinouts?
Rayfield Communications
Springfield, MO
www.rayfield.net

Return to “MotoTRBO Portables and Mobiles (4xxx/6xxx) 1.0 Series Subscribers”