Enhanced radio protocal - Explained (sorta)

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Enhanced radio protocal - Explained (sorta)

Post by Pj »

There have been a few peoeple who have wondered what this option is. Well, I came across this today, hope it sorta helps.
In addition to the basic RS232 Packet Data Interface option, Enhanced RCP allows for an acknowledgement to be sent to the terminal that a data packet was successfully received by the infrastructure. This information is received by the MagicPipe CommStack driver in the terminal and can be displayed by Third Party application programs. This extra information is valuable to tell a user that the data message was successfully sent through the RF portion of the network. Consult your Advanced Product Team member for further information on CommStack. REQUIRES W947
For those who are wondering what W947 is...
RS232 PACKET DATA INTERFACE W947
Enables ASTRO functionality on a Conventional channel. Includes a cable with a dB 9pin connector for interface to external device.
NOT AVAILABLE WITH MOTORCYCLE UNIT.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

Then theres always the software free on MOL (depends on your access of course.

Data Link Manager release version R01.01.00 (24 May 2004 Application 6MB)
The Data Link Manager is an application that will automatically initiate, monitor, and restore the communications link between a Patriarch Radio that is IV&D enabled and a Mobile Computer.
Revision Number: R01.01.00 Part Number: NVN5314B
Product Applicability: ASTRO 25 Mobile and ASTRO 25 Portable

If I load the software then connect to my XTS5000 radio with the usb with the programming lead the computer talks to the radio.
Unfortunatlly I dont have any with the Q947

for the XTL series
ADD: RS232 DATA INTFC CABLE-DASH G303
Corresponding kit: HKN6160.

ADD: RS232 DATA INTERFACE CABLE-TRUNK G304
Corresponding kit: HKN6161.

ADD:RS232 PACKET DATA INTERFACE W947
This option is ONLY Operational on Digital Trunking and Digital
Conventional systems!! INCLUDES the DLM Application. This option does not include Cables. G303 or G304 should be ordered separately.

for the XTS2500,5000

ENH: RS232 PACKET INTERFACE Q947 721 $200.00
This option is only capable of being used on P25 Digital Conventional and 9600 Trunking Systems.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”