Odd Fail 001 on XTL

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

immelmen28

Odd Fail 001 on XTL

Post by immelmen28 »

The radio in question is:
O3 XTL5000 M20K (VHF)
Host 12.00.10
DPS 12.00.00
Flash:580008-000480-2

I know the Fail 001 is VCO out of lock but I am seeing it at a odd time. With the radio is on a conventional channel with a scan list that contains a trunked talkgroup, when scan is selected on "Fail 001" flashes very quickly on the screen with a brief "bonk". This also happens intermittently after scan lands on an active talkgroup and returns to scanning, it flashes very quickly with the bonk. This is the only time I can get it to happen. It does not occur when a conventional channel's scan list only has conventional channels in it. Also, if the radio already has scan turned on when it is powered on it will not happen until scan is turned off, then back on again, if the channel is changed or if scan lands on a talkgroup.

What am I missing? The radio should not TXing at that point so why else would I be seeing this error at those times.
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Re: Odd Fail 001 on XTL

Post by batdude »

perform a complete alignment and check the OFB trunking channels to make sure that something isn't in there that is out of range....

i have seen this before with the same symptoms you describe... and it was due to a 178MHz channel being in one of the OOB trunking personalities....

doug
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
immelmen28

Re: Odd Fail 001 on XTL

Post by immelmen28 »

Ok, Thanks for the info doug. I will dig into the CP and double check the freqs.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”