APX7000 top display question

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb0uxv

APX7000 top display question

Post by kb0uxv »

Hello, does anyone know of a way to make the top display stick on TG/CH name, rather than scroll TG name, Radio name, Zone, active RID / Alias. Perhaps some setting in the scroll rate/count? I would still like the front display to show RIDs.

Latest CPS and firmware. Thank you, Nate in MN.
jpatrou
New User

Re: APX7000 top display question

Post by jpatrou »

Under "Radio Ergeonomics Wide", "Display". I set Top Zone text Size to 0, and it no longer displays scrolls, or shows Zone, it only displays Channel name.
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Post by ai4ui »

I'd click a thanks button if this forum had one. Just got some APXs and I've be assigned the task of building template. The migrator worked great, it's just the other stuff that has been irritating. This software if very different than anything I have used before.
Wyrd bið ful ãræd, Fate is inexorable...
rc50won
What radios do you own?: Don't ask my wife.

Post by rc50won »

Also under Radio Wide:User Information and Passwords: Make sure that the Radio Alias field is blank and that the Radio Alias Enable Box is unchecked.

I absolutely hate the scrolling top menu. Its much more useable when the display only shows the frequency or channel name.

Marshall
kb0uxv

Post by kb0uxv »

Thank you, that did work to take the zone name out of the scroll pattern. However, the radio name and active RID still remain in the scroll pattern. I am seeking a solution to lock the top display on mode yet allow radio alias name (we don’t engrave our cases) and RID (so I can track units). If there is no solution, I hope Motorola adds “lock top display on mode” in a future CPS release.
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

I get by with a partial solution on mine - I use my 7000 in scan-mode more than anything else, and I've set the RID to only display on 'dispatch', not 'dispatch and scan' (this will affect TRS reception & MDC ID's equally).
Scott, W2SJW
kb0uxv

Post by kb0uxv »

Is Dispatch RID on selected TG only, and Scan is RID display on all scanned TG?
w2sjw

Post by w2sjw »

Yep, you have to be sitting on a single TG & have scan OFF for that mode to behave like that. I went to that mode when I discovered how annoying it was to monitor with my 7K in it's holster & the top display bouncing around with all kinds of data other than the TG name...
Scott, W2SJW
kb0uxv

Post by kb0uxv »

It is working great now. I set ID display to dispatch, so no more ID scroll on the top. If I want to see an ID, I simply select the TG and shut scan off. Also, I learned that the top display radio name scroll stops after 60 seconds. So thats only a problem for a short while after power up. Radio name remains on the front screen at all times. Thank you all for helping on this problem.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”