clone astro spectra

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

maxjam

clone astro spectra

Post by maxjam »

I have an astro spectra that used to have OTAR rekey in the flashcode. I removed it so the flashcode would match another radio figuring that I could then clone them.
However when I read the radio, it still shows up with the OTAR option tabs even tho they are greyed out. I can't clone as it says options don't match.
How can I overcome this issue?
xmo

Re: clone astro spectra

Post by xmo »

Options don't match really means flashcodes don't match.

Your easiest workaround is to use drag-N-drop to transfer the programming between two CPS sessions.
maxjam

Re: clone astro spectra

Post by maxjam »

Strange as when you read each radio it shows the same flash and using the monitor button they show the same. It surprised me that the OTAR tabs still showed even tho they are greyed out. I've dragged and dropped.. while ok.. really is a pain when you have several different radios with different flashcodes. It always seems one thing or another is missed or isn't happy.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”