Echo with RSM, but not with built in mic

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mediamanrit
New User

Echo with RSM, but not with built in mic

Post by mediamanrit »

Hi all. First post here...the boards have been very useful!

I just got an RSM for my XTS 5k (PMMN4051B) and whenever I use it, I hear an echo on the receiving side. When I don't use the RSM, the audio is fine. Am I missing something here, or did I just end up with a bum speaker mic? This happens on analog / conventional...haven't tried digital yet.

Thanks!
d119

Re: Echo with RSM, but not with built in mic

Post by d119 »

HOST/DSP versions?
Jim202

Re: Echo with RSM, but not with built in mic

Post by Jim202 »

mediamanrit wrote:Hi all. First post here...the boards have been very useful!

I just got an RSM for my XTS 5k (PMMN4051B) and whenever I use it, I hear an echo on the receiving side. When I don't use the RSM, the audio is fine. Am I missing something here, or did I just end up with a bum speaker mic? This happens on analog / conventional...haven't tried digital yet.

Thanks!

How are you determining that you have an echo? If your trying to listen to it yourself, the RSM may have so much gain that your actually creating the echo yourself. Have someone else go into a different room where the 2 radios can't hear each other directly. See if you get the same results with the radios seperated.

Jim

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”