ignition jumpers on oddball version of W7 control head???

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

immelmen28

ignition jumpers on oddball version of W7 control head???

Post by immelmen28 »

I have an Astro spectra and I want to arrange the ignition jumpers on the control head to put the radio into "condition 3" from the detailed service manual..ie. power button turns radio on/off, ignition controls TX inhibit.

I know the correct combination for this is JU1 in and JU2 out. My problem is when I took the head off this particular radio the layout of the board is very different from any other astro spectra I have seen.

Below is the layout from the W7 control head manual(from repeater-builder.com) All my other W7 heads look like this.
Now, below is a photo I took of the W7 head in question. I put a red box around the location of the jumpers, however the jumpers(and the rest of the board) are in a different layout than the schematic and my other heads(im guessing an older version of the board but i dont have the control head service manual.)

Can someone help me with which jumper is which? This head, when put on any radio, has the power button disabled and power is completely dependent on the 12volts to the ignition wire which tells me JU7 has been installed. the solder job on the jumper furthest to the left in the red box looks sloppy so I am guessing that is JU7....but what are the order of the other two?

Part number on this board is MHLN6396L. The radio it came on was manufactured in 1999.
Code3
Batboard $upporter

Re: ignition jumpers on oddball version of W7 control head??

Post by Code3 »

That is a very recent control head board, perhaps from an Astro Spectra Plus, or XTL5000

immelmen28

Re: ignition jumpers on oddball version of W7 control head??

Post by immelmen28 »

Thank you very much sir, exactly the information I was looking for. And it also explains why I had not seen one like this yet. Thanks again.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”