APX4000 BT Pairing

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Terriers618
was Jason618
What radios do you own?: Motorola Syntor X9000.....

APX4000 BT Pairing

Post by Terriers618 »

Trying to pair a M300 (or whatever) to an APX4000 with internal bluetooth.... I apologize if I am missing something here but searches on this board has yielded nothing. BT menu is turned on, BT on the unit is turned on. I see NO options to go into pairing mode. Putting the headset in pairing mode by holding the on/off button when off till blue light goes solid.

I feel like I am missing something and am under pressure to get it working in the next 24 hours.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: APX4000 BT Pairing

Post by escomm »

Um pretty sure you'll need the proprietary Moto headset... at least the PTT pod... don't think you'll be getting an off the shelf earpiece to mate with an APX.
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

That's correct.

The only pairing protocol supported in the APX at the moment is Motorola's proprietary LF-MPP protocol, which is only supported by the Mission Critical PTT pod. Commodity headsets etc won't work with this radio, hopefully it's something they'll have sorted out in a future firmware release.

If you MUST use a COTS headset, maybe go grab one of the Pryme BT adaptors that connects to the APX accessory port?
Terriers618
was Jason618

Post by Terriers618 »

This is a Motorola BT headset that was ordered right off MOL from the APX accessory section? Maybe I have the model wrong? Any ideas on model numbers for headsets that will work with APX?
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

You can use either:

NTN2573 Earpiece with 9.5" cable and push-to-talk pod
NTN2570 Earpiece with 12" cable and push-to-talk pod

or:

NTN2571 Mission Critical Wireless Push-to-Talk Pod (by itself)

with one of these:

NNTN8294 Earbud with 11.5" cable
NNTN8295 Earbud with 45" cable
NNTN8296, covert accessory kit which comes with:
White 2-wire earbuds (45" cable)
Black 2-wire earbuds (45" cable)
Black single wire earbud (45" cable)
3.5 mm earbud adapter (which lets you use any old 3.5mm headphones)
Terriers618
was Jason618

Post by Terriers618 »

So bottom line is there is absolutely no standalone BT earpiece that will work with the APX embedded BT without some sort of wire and PTT pod? I would be better off getting some sort of adapter to run through the accy port.
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

Yeah, they really didn't think this through... its all about "secure communication" even if we don't want it. There is a hint in the CPS that other protocol's will be supported in the future, but don't hold your breath on that at the moment. As more are fielded, I am sure that growing roar of the users will require a firmware rewrite to allow normal earpieces to be used.
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”