APX TDMA

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

SSE5000ASTRO

APX TDMA

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

hi,all

Just want to know apx TDMA option ,same as MOTOTRBO used?
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Re: APX TDMA

Post by MSS-Dave »

SSE5000ASTRO wrote:hi,all

If I decode this as will a APX with the TDMA option work on or with a MotoTRBO system, I believe the answer is no.
SSE5000ASTRO

Post by SSE5000ASTRO »

MSS-Dave wrote:
SSE5000ASTRO wrote:hi,all

If I decode this as will a APX with the TDMA option work on or with a MotoTRBO system, I believe the answer is no.

Got it, thanks!
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

FWIW, and don't hold your breath - but when the APX7000 was first released, a couple of Moto guys at IWCE hinted that the APX was suppose to have future support for TRBO. After FW7, it seems that everything changed and more empty "lets tell people this unoffically and never produce" kinda stuff.

I recall talk about loading in GPS maps (IIRC a company down in Florida was working on it) via the memory expansion slot to be used on the display, etc. That hasn't happened yet either.

They still haven't allowed for normal bluetooth pairing either.

/rant
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Squad5
was mwb9122

Post by Squad5 »

Pj wrote:FWIW, and don't hold your breath - but when the APX7000 was first released, a couple of Moto guys at IWCE hinted that the APX was suppose to have future support for TRBO. After FW7, it seems that everything changed and more empty "lets tell people this unoffically and never produce" kinda stuff.

I recall talk about loading in GPS maps (IIRC a company down in Florida was working on it) via the memory expansion slot to be used on the display, etc. That hasn't happened yet either.

They still haven't allowed for normal bluetooth pairing either.

/rant
How about Quick Call yet?
Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Post by Pj »

And there you have it
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”