O9 l/s control and ign switching

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

O9 l/s control and ign switching

Post by Pj »

So before I shell out some cash... if using the O9 head for lights/sirens and the head is ign switched... if you shut off the vehicle but still need some lights going - will dropping the ign voltage kill the head and your lights, or will the light selection override the ign turning off the head?
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
celltech25

Re: O9 l/s control and ign switching

Post by celltech25 »

U may have already found your answer but you can program the 7500 with a timer to stay on after it loses ignition so if you need light sto stay on it can follow the timer
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

O9 integrated light/siren configurations are a :o to configure. I would honestly advise against it. Your money is better spent on an O7, which (according to the M reps I have spoken with anyway) will support dual-radio sometime next year.

That said, yes, powering down the radio will kill your woo-woos. Put everything on a Charge-Guard or a Power Tamer and add some extra battery capacity.
Pj

Post by Pj »

I did find a timer setting somewhere in cps that will keep it alive for x amou
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Pj

Post by Pj »

Yeah, I heard that dual radio support is finally coming for the O7 and O9, possbily with the O3 and 05 heads.

Siren control also supposely coming for the same heads as well. 54ward interface box should be out soon to interface with any light/siren product that supports serial control (cantrol, sahpirre, blink for whelen and the fedsig and code3 stuff - and mix/match at the same time). That information came direct from 54ward this spring when I talked to them
wd9cms

Post by wd9cms »

What do you guys mean by dual radio support? Will this mean you can control two APX7500's with one control head?

Thanks,

Bill
Bill, WD9CMS
444.775 PL131.8/NAC293
927.900 PL131.9/NAC293
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

wd9cms wrote:What do you guys mean by dual radio support? Will this mean you can control two APX7500's with one control head?
Yes, assuming of course Motorola actually follows through with it. I would personally put it in the same category as QCII decode/encode: put up or shut up.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Dual radio is on the MTUG roadmap from what I hear??
Pj

Post by Pj »

That's what they say is in the works.
wd9cms

Post by wd9cms »

Thanks for the replies..that would be great. It would be nice to be able to have a high power VHF/UHF APX7500 and a APX65000 800 all on one control head having a tri-band radio.

Bill
Bill, WD9CMS
444.775 PL131.8/NAC293
927.900 PL131.9/NAC293

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”