XTS1500 Will not UNMute on PL

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

3-SAM-12
Batboard $upporter

XTS1500 Will not UNMute on PL

Post by 3-SAM-12 »

I have a XTS1500 that will not unmute on a few different channels. The PL is correct, the radio LED blinks when traffic is received but will not unmute. If I push the monitor button it will break PL. No MDC is set up on these channels. Other channels in this zone will unmute just fine. I am at a loss.
Jim202

Re: XTS1500 Will not UNMute on PL

Post by Jim202 »

3-SAM-12 wrote:I have a XTS1500 that will not unmute on a few different channels. The PL is correct, the radio LED blinks when traffic is received but will not unmute. If I push the monitor button it will break PL. No MDC is set up on these channels. Other channels in this zone will unmute just fine. I am at a loss.

With the majority of the stations on VHF and UHF now having converted to narrow band operation, I would check the programming of the radio. If it is still set to wide band operation, it will have trouble decoding the narrow band PL.

Jim
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

What firmware version is in the radio? There have been a couple releases over the years that caused the radio to not unmute to proper PL.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

Well, did you resolve your problem?

Let the group know what you did to resolve your problem. That way your helping others that may have the same issue.

Jim

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”