APX6000 display

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

scoops

APX6000 display

Post by scoops »

Hi,
my work just received a few APX6000. When on, the top display constantly flashes the channel name. No matter what channel its on. Is this normal? Someone else programmed them, so I don't know if they did this out of the box. I couldn't find anything about it in CPS or the operating manual.
Thanks
Chris
JeffFireRadio

Re: APX6000 display

Post by JeffFireRadio »

The APX alernates the zone name and channel name on the top display. Sounds like you have channel names programmed and "blank" zone names. Thus, it appears to flash when it's actually alternating between the two. The end. Enjoy your 6000s. - Jeff
scoops

Post by scoops »

Thanks, i'll check it out
scoops

Post by scoops »

Ok, I named the zone "Z1". Now the display alternates between " Z1" and Channel name. I guess since there's not enough room for both, it has to alternate?
sjxts3000
No Longer Registered

Post by sjxts3000 »

the top display lets you use more characters for the zone name. Up to 8 I believe. Same for the channel name. If you have a dual display unit, you can set a longer name for both in the main display and shorter for top display. Only so much real estate on the top control head.
d119

Post by d119 »

Set the number of characters for the zone name to 0 for the top display. That'll turn it off (if I recall).

I hate that alternating crap. I wonder what it does for the battery? Probably negligible.

I set my top display up such that the first number(s) are the zone number, then the abbreviated name:

ex:

1PDDISP1
20FDTAC2

etc.
scoops

Post by scoops »

I set the zone for 3 and the channel for 5. All is working ok now. Thanks to all that replied

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”