XTVA Question - How to turn off power remotely

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n6fnp
Batboard $upporter

XTVA Question - How to turn off power remotely

Post by n6fnp »

I have an XTVA mounted in my trunk with the speaker and HHCH mike ran into the front of the car. I was planning
on being able to keep the XTS5000 in the XTVA and have a switch in the front with a line run to the ignition sense line to
turn the power off. When I did some testing, I saw that disconnecting the ignition sense line did not turn the power off.
Even totally disconnecting the power to the XTVA had no effect, it kept powered up from the radios battery. I even tried the
radio in the XTVA without the battery, but it didn't work at all.

Is there any way to get things set up so that I don't have to open the trunk and physically turn off the radio power switch?

-Thor (N6FNP)
fineshot1

Re: XTVA Question - How to turn off power remotely

Post by fineshot1 »

In short - No to your question.

The XTVA was never intended to control power off/on to the portable, that is what the battery is for
and the XTVA power is intended only for the XTVA itself which only charges the battery and handles
receive audio from the portable to the speaker connected to the XTVA. The XTVA yellow ignition wire
is only setup for remotely powering up the XTVA itself. You would have to figure out a way to remove
and supply power to the portable perhaps with one of those AA battery shells and a rigged up long
switched power cord to the trunk.
fineshot1
NJ USA

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”