Backlight Color - HMN4079 DTMF Mic

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ASTROMODAT

Backlight Color - HMN4079 DTMF Mic

Post by ASTROMODAT »

When my HMN4079 keypad equipped mic (connected to 05 CH w/ XTL5000) first powers up, it momentarily backlights the keys in RED, and within a second or two, switches to GREEN. Is there a way to program it to stay in RED?

Thanks for any help!
Bigfella237

Re: Backlight Color - HMN4079 DTMF Mic

Post by Bigfella237 »

Change the control head display color to red.

Andrew
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

OK! Is there any way to allow a change on the fly, so red at night, green in daytime?
Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 »

Not as far as I know, obviously you can set up one of the softkeys to select the color but I don't think there's a way to control it via software otherwise?

Andrew
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

If it is possible to program a softkey for color selection (red vs/ green), that would be perfect!
Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 »

Sorry, I assumed you had it programmed already...

In CPS, go into "Radio Configuration > Display & Menu > Menu Items" and add "COLR" to both the conventional and trunking menus.

From memory it brings up a sub-menu to select a color rather than toggling between just two colors, but better than nothing.

Andrew
Forts

Post by Forts »

On an XTL5000 you should be able to select from Red, Orange and Green by default as well as make your own custom colours. The XTL2500 on the other hand just offers the 3 RGB colours.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Forts wrote:On an XTL5000 you should be able to select from Red, Orange and Green by default as well as make your own custom colours. The XTL2500 on the other hand just offers the 3 RGB colours.
It's not RGB... there's no blue. That would be sexy, but not so much. I believe they're actually RGY - red green and yellow.
ASTROMODAT

Post by ASTROMODAT »

OK, thanks for all of the help on this, fellas! I got it all programmed up, and it works fine. One curious thing cropped up, though. In the ASTRO 25 CPS R20 (current version), the % of color intensity for ea LED indicated in the CPS is different than what the 05 CH says.

For instance, the default Green shows a configuration consisting of 100% Green intensity, and 15% Red intensity in the CPS default screen. However, the Green intensity in the actual 05 CH shows the default setting for Green as 100% Green, and 25% (not 15%) Red. I may have these numbers slightly wrong, as I am going by memory. The apparent glitch here is that in the default colors (I'm not talking about the Custom colors), the intensity numbers (indicated by % intensity for each color) for the LED’s shown in the CPS do not match the intensity % indicated in the 05 CH.

Also, the CPS shows only 1 custom color scheme is available for programming, whereas when you hit the Menu for COLR in the CH, it comes up with I believe 5 different custom color variants.

BTW, the same thing seems amiss with the various other default colors, too, like Red, Amber, Orange, etc. The color mixes by % intensity for the 2 LED's involved is different in the CPS vs/ the 05 CH.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”