APX Scan Issue

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fallspolice
What radios do you own?: APX7K, XTL2500, MTX850

APX Scan Issue

Post by fallspolice »

I have several APX7000 radios that I am having the same issue with. I have the radios set up to scan a trunking system while parked on a conventional channel. When a transmission is made on the trunking system I watch the radio jump to the particular trunking TG, but there is no audio. When the transmission is over, it goes right back to the conventional channel. To make this even more complicated, this issue only appears to occur on 3600 systems. With 9600 systems, I hear all of the audio when it jumps to the TG with activity. Any ideas on how I can fix this? It has to be something in the CPS.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
PhillyPhoto
was LuiePL
What radios do you own?: XTS5000, APX2000

Re: APX Scan Issue

Post by PhillyPhoto »

Is it a smartzone or smartnet system? If it's smartnet and you have the coverage set to smartzone it will do what you describe. Another thing to check would be if it's an analog channel and the voice is set for digital.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

I have found a similiar issue with regards to the TX Inhibit and Scan on a 3600 SZ system. Usually when I scan I and I'm out and about I set my radio to TX Inhibit so there is no accidental PTT on the parked TG. If I for some reason change tg's and the radio remains in scan, with TX Inhibit engaged, I only get 1/2 of the conversation if it is dispatcher and field unit taking from that point forward. Once I reaffiliate with the new TG, by disabling TX INhibit, it goes back to normal.

I have discovered this issue with both the APX and XTS2500 that I carry.
fallspolice

Post by fallspolice »

LuiePL wrote:Is it a smartzone or smartnet system? If it's smartnet and you have the coverage set to smartzone it will do what you describe. Another thing to check would be if it's an analog channel and the voice is set for digital.
Thanks for your reply! It is a smartzone system and is set for that. Also, it is digital and set for that as well.
fallspolice

Post by fallspolice »

KS4VT wrote:I have found a similiar issue with regards to the TX Inhibit and Scan on a 3600 SZ system. Usually when I scan I and I'm out and about I set my radio to TX Inhibit so there is no accidental PTT on the parked TG. If I for some reason change tg's and the radio remains in scan, with TX Inhibit engaged, I only get 1/2 of the conversation if it is dispatcher and field unit taking from that point forward. Once I reaffiliate with the new TG, by disabling TX INhibit, it goes back to normal.

I have discovered this issue with both the APX and XTS2500 that I carry.
Thanks for your reply as well! I switched the TX inhibit on and off and it still did the same thing. I even powered the radio down in between switching.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

Yes it is really a weird thing. Not that it is a big deal as my field users do not have the capability and I know about it.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”