XTL 1500/5000 Audio Problem

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andycarson
New User

XTL 1500/5000 Audio Problem

Post by Andycarson »

Hi All,

I have a XTL 1500 that was flashed up to 5000. It is currently installed on the bench with a PSU so i could program it before installing it in my vehicle.

The Radio has a W3 HHCH attached to it. i have powered the radio via PSU and also connected 12V via the 26pin accessory connector.

I have programmed up the code plug and uploaded it to the radio.

Channels being used are just conventional UHF. I can receive audio fine and it is presented out the speaker.

When i Key up the HHCH the radio goes into transmit but no audio is passed. Carrier is presented on the receiving radio but no audio is heard.

Hoping someone out there has any ideas i can check.

Cheers,

Andy
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Re: XTL 1500/5000 Audio Problem

Post by Mfire39 »

Have you tried plugging in a different hhch or mic?

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
Andycarson
New User

Post by Andycarson »

Hi Marc,

I have tried 2 different W3 hhch and same result.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

Do you have the proper interconnect on the the radio? The W3 has it's own board that no other head uses.

Jason
Andycarson
New User

Post by Andycarson »

KB9KST wrote:Do you have the proper interconnect on the the radio? The W3 has it's own board that no other head uses.

Jason
I will check this when I get back. I would have thought so considering the head powers and can receive audio but who knows??

Do you or anybody else out there have the part number for the correct interconnect board required???

Thanks

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”