XTS5000 concentric switch functions

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tdats
What radios do you own?: Mostly Motorola

XTS5000 concentric switch functions

Post by tdats »

Is it possible to set the 2 position concentric switch on an XTS5000 model 3 to be a keypad lock? I am not finding anything that shows keypad lock as option for any of the switches. I bump the buttons on the front of mine a lot. I do not have an encryption board installed, and our agency has no plans to ever deploy them. That switch is not assigned to do anything at this point.

If not that switch, can any of them be programmed for it?

Thanks!
KG4INW
What radios do you own?: Not enough apparently!

Re: XTS5000 concentric switch functions

Post by KG4INW »

Yes, that's how I have both of mine set up. It's there in Radio Config -> Controls -> Switches -> Two Position Concentric. I have mine as Position A (circle slash) to Keypad Lock and Position B as Blank but they can be vice versa.
tdats
What radios do you own?: Mostly Motorola

Re: XTS5000 concentric switch functions

Post by tdats »

Perfect, thanks!! On the radio system we are on, I have to get the programming template updated by their programmers, so I wanted to make sure it was possible before requesting it, as well as a bunch of other tweaks in our department.

Thanks!

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”