Issue with APX6000

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mhodgson

Issue with APX6000

Post by mhodgson »

We have been purchasing APX6000 portables now for about 18 months and we now have a situation where some are outside the 12 month warranty. Had one with totally hosed controller so we ordered a new one....went through the usual steps, initialize, add correct serial, etc....loaded saved file from archive and radio powers up but immediately goes stupid....something to do with the RF Board and the Controller needing to be "synched" together....

Anyone shed any light on this? I am CERTAIN it will wind up being something that only Moto can do...but figured I would ask.

Thanks

Mike
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: Issue with APX6000

Post by MTS2000des »

Would not flat rate have been the way to go for OOW repairs on these versus trying board replacement?
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
mhodgson

Post by mhodgson »

Indeed it might but in this case, we dont have alot of APX spares, unlike our situation with extra XTS5000's so rather than sending it to the depot for a two week trip, we purchased six controllers for stock. We have done this in the past with 3000's and 5000's. The car has a specific vehicular charger, speaker mic, etc., always been easier to turn the repair around in a day since we have the stuff on hand.

Hence looking for an answer to the problem....

Thanks

Mike
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

But... but... it's only one radio... and you're the first customer that has reported this...
mhodgson

Post by mhodgson »

LOL....yeah right......

M
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

"What gauge wire does Motorola recommend for wiring MotoTRBO accessory harnesses?"

"Any standard wire will work"

"What do you mean standard wire? I need to know the gauge."

"What do you mean, gauge?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"What kind of crimp tool does Motorola recommend for the sockets included with mobile radios?"

"Any normal crimper will work"

Sorry for going OT...

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”