APX6500 drops audio

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Andy2712
What radios do you own?: XTS2500 m3 VHF

APX6500 drops audio

Post by Andy2712 »

I have an APX6500 radio that is intermittently not producing audio. The speaker is good, the volume is up, I can tell the radio is receiving the signal, but no audio is coming from the radio. I've changed the accessory connector and wound up with the same issue the next day. Has anyone else experienced something like this? Is there any thing else I can check or change before I box it up and send it off to the depot for them to check? Thanks.

Andy
turtle9832

Re: APX6500 drops audio

Post by turtle9832 »

what's the firmware?
what type of system?
We had the same symptoms when ours were in a version 9 something I believe and the radios were scanning.
I see your in Lombard. PM me. I'd like to meet a bat laber in the area.
Andy2712
What radios do you own?: XTS2500 m3 VHF

Re: APX6500 drops audio

Post by Andy2712 »

It's a 7/800 single band radio running on the Starcom 21 system for NWCD. I believe the firmware is in the 9 something range, but I'd have to check to be sure. This is the only one of 15 that I have that's doing this.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”