Quantar base conversion to repeater

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mogman

Quantar base conversion to repeater

Post by mogman »

I have an opportunity to pick up a VHF Quantar base sta. and was reading that the Quantar repeater automatically detects analog and p25 and handles them accordingly, without any specific information on the base I am seeking advice how much (or little) might be required to convert the base to a repeater (2M) with these capabilities. I am sorry but I do not have any specific information on the Quantar other than it is now operating around 160mhz and that it is remotely controlled.
Craig
Will

Re: Quantar base conversion to repeater

Post by Will »

If the Quantar is actually a base station it should have an antenna relay out-board on the back of the station.

The relay is not used on a repeater, there are separate N female connectors for RX and TX.

Yes I forgot to mention the changes in the programming.
Last edited by Will on Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

t's just a setting in the codeplug. If it has the relay it can be disabled and removed too.
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

Also depending on the FW version it might not do P25. Need more info to verify.
mogman

Post by mogman »

Thanks guys, I assume it does not have P25 firmware as these folks do not use digital as far as I know, but that should be "fixable"
Craig
radioinstl
What radios do you own?: Liberty MBITR APX7000 75000

Post by radioinstl »

If you are going to use it as a repeater and yours has the antenna relay on it, I would be interested in your relay if willing to make a deal

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”