Astro Saber Battery Question...

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Gman
What radios do you own?: Too many

Astro Saber Battery Question...

Post by Gman »

Hello again.I have a question about my UHF Astro Saber battery.I have mot battery NTN4537C which is one of the smaller ma models,but it is old and getting weak.I purchaced a 2150ma from batteries Plus(http://www.batteriesplus.com/)as there is a local store down the street.So I charge it up and within minutes I get the Low battery warning,and the radio acts strange,as if the voltage is too low.So I double check it on the bench and I was getting 8.5Volts with the battery off the radio.So then I hook it up with Jumpers and measure the voltage.Upon radio turn on it was 7.6 Volts,and upon user transmit,or it announcing itself onto the Trunking system I get about 6.5 Volts.However,the low battery warning still comes on and the radio acts strange.I had good connections,and the voltage never dropped below that.First question,are these voltages about normal? So I then hook up the radio to my adjustable power supply,gave it 7.6 Volts with plenty of ma to spare and it doesen't turn on???Upon placing the leads back on the battery it powers up.And yes my polarity and voltages were correct.What is going on here,Is there something in the MOT batteries that make this radio work right??Sorry for the long one but I am perplexed.... :o

P.S.-If no one knows what is going on here,which batteries do they always have luck with besides MOT.They are getting hard to find these days under the MOT label...Thanks again everyone... :lol:
Grog
On Moderation

Re: Astro Saber Battery Question...

Post by Grog »

Unless it's motorola or multiplier, it does not go on my radios, not even the $20 sabers.
WV8VFD
was KD8CPP
What radios do you own?: WAY TO MANY

Re: Astro Saber Battery Question...

Post by WV8VFD »

What is a good source for multiplier batteries?
Tyler Lewis

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”