XTL mic cord question for O5 control heads

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kt2728

XTL mic cord question for O5 control heads

Post by kt2728 »

Does motorola make a mic or a mic cord that plugs into the back of the control head? on the 26 pin connector maybe?

if so do they make a plug for the mic port on the face of the control head?

I have a couple of xtl5000 in a jotto desk console that i would like to move the mic cord to where they come out of the bottom of my console so that i can clean up the face of it. i guess i got spoiled by the W9 control heads that i had in there before.

kt
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!
d119

Re: XTL mic cord question for O5 control heads

Post by d119 »

kt2728 wrote:Does motorola make a mic or a mic cord that plugs into the back of the control head? on the 26 pin connector maybe?

I have a couple of xtl5000 in a jotto desk console that i would like to move the mic cord to where they come out of the bottom of my console so that i can clean up the face of it. i guess i got spoiled by the W9 control heads that i had in there before.

kt
You can always order a couple of 26 pin connectors, chop off the GCAI connector and wire the mic to the 26 pin connector. I've seen it done.
Tom in D.C.
What radios do you own?: Progreso soup can with CRT

Post by Tom in D.C. »

I think this is what you're looking for:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=74431
Tom in D.C.
In 1920, the U.S. Post Office Department ruled
that children may not be sent by parcel post.
Jim202

Post by Jim202 »

kt2728 wrote:Does motorola make a mic or a mic cord that plugs into the back of the control head? on the 26 pin connector maybe?

kt

You didn't say clearly if this was a remote mount or a dash mount radio. Haven't looked for a while, but seem to recall that the connector on the rear of the control head is missing the PTT line. Would have to go back and look at the manual to be sure.

Second comment, if you end up going to the rear of the radio, depending on what you use for a mic, you may or may not have to modify the radio software for the mic gain setting on the external mic setting. This is found under the radio wide selection and then the transmit audio per mode tab if I remember the correct wording. Uncheck the AGC and then adjust the gain setting from zero to what you may need.

Jim
GlennD

Post by GlennD »

We have used the rear connector with a lan RJ11 connector and used an MCS2000 mic on several fire engines. You must use the aux ptt line since that gates the aux mic audio. Going from memory the mic audio is 3 pins up on the left side, the ptt is one up from the emergency jumper and the ground is the bottom pin on the right side. This is looking at the connector pins with the speaker connector up. The plug works in the radio or control head but there is no speaker available at the head. Both pinouts are in the install manual.
GlennD

Post by GlennD »

The connector we use is a hln6863b and the pins are 3980034f04. Pin 1 is Gnd, pin 23 is aux mic and pin 16 is aux ptt. Hub is 22 if you need it.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”