XTS2500 Help!!

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

lifsvr25
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Relm/BK, Kenwood

XTS2500 Help!!

Post by lifsvr25 »

I recently got an XTS2500 full fpp. supposedly done with 9.05.00, but I inadvertently read it with 14.01.0. The original codeplug in it was created with 9 zones and 240 channels all default. When i altered it and tried writing it back in I get an error message stating it requires 16 channels per zone.....fifteen zones and correlating channels. again tried doing so but noticed that zones 10 and up aren't named and unable to edit that feature. also when I tried just sending the original codeplug back into the radio, I also get the same error message about correcting the zones/channels or resetting the flashkey. This Particular radio has the following features: Smartzone, Flashcode 5A1018-10168D-5, Q574 9600 Baud Trunking, Q498 OTAR with multikey, Q52 FG Front Panel Programming, H43 Trunked radio trace, Q883 3600/9600 Interoperability, G857 FDNY Rx/Tx Tone Set, Q947 Packet Date Interface, Q387 Conventional Voting Scan, Q667 ADP Encryption Software DSP Based Only, and 445 Fireground Accountability Software. Please, Please if anyone can help me make this usable I'm hoping didn't mess things up too much
Tim

Re: XTS2500 Help!!

Post by Tim »

Hi lifsvr,

When I got my FPP 2500, each zone was limited to, and had to have 16 channels. On my radio, I have 15 zones and 240 conventional personalities. Totally different than any of my non-FPP 2500s, where I normally only have 7 conventional personalities, and can have many channels in each zone. (using the channel function to get at the >16 channels).

So, not sure what's happened, but as I have been told, that's the way the FPP radios work.

Tim
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

lifsvr25 wrote:I recently got an XTS2500 full fpp. supposedly done with 9.05.00, but I inadvertently read it with 14.01.0. The original codeplug in it was created with 9 zones and 240 channels all default. When i altered it and tried writing it back in I get an error message stating it requires 16 channels per zone.....fifteen zones and correlating channels. again tried doing so but noticed that zones 10 and up aren't named and unable to edit that feature. also when I tried just sending the original codeplug back into the radio, I also get the same error message about correcting the zones/channels or resetting the flashkey. This Particular radio has the following features: Smartzone, Flashcode 5A1018-10168D-5, Q574 9600 Baud Trunking, Q498 OTAR with multikey, Q52 FG Front Panel Programming, H43 Trunked radio trace, Q883 3600/9600 Interoperability, G857 FDNY Rx/Tx Tone Set, Q947 Packet Date Interface, Q387 Conventional Voting Scan, Q667 ADP Encryption Software DSP Based Only, and 445 Fireground Accountability Software. Please, Please if anyone can help me make this usable I'm hoping didn't mess things up too much

If I read the above correct you have NOT wrote to the radio with CPS 14.xx.xx, is this correct? If so you just need to use CPS 9.xx to read it and make your changes. You do not want to use CPS above 9 with that radio.

Jim
Tim

Post by Tim »

Jim,

You mean that if I had one of the FPP 2500s that was originally done with v9, it worked just like
a non-fpp 2500? (meaning you can have more that 16 channels per zone, etc)

Were the users told not to use v10 to prog them? (meaning that in the normal
course of software upgrades/programming, the radios would no longer work
the way they did with v9 when prog'd with v10)?

gee, I'd not be a happy camper if that happened!!

(still wishing my fpp worked like all my other 2500s in the fleet)

Tim
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

Tim wrote:Jim,

You mean that if I had one of the FPP 2500s that was originally done with v9, it worked just like
a non-fpp 2500? (meaning you can have more that 16 channels per zone, etc)

Were the users told not to use v10 to prog them? (meaning that in the normal
course of software upgrades/programming, the radios would no longer work
the way they did with v9 when prog'd with v10)?

gee, I'd not be a happy camper if that happened!!

(still wishing my fpp worked like all my other 2500s in the fleet)

Tim
Tim,

The flashcode of your radio is not a Motorola factory flash. Just use 9.xx CPS and all will be good. The seller should have explained this.

Jim
Tim

Post by Tim »

Jim,

Can I go back to 9.0? Thought once you have prog'd with a newer
revision, you're stuck.

I'll have to scrounge around to see if I still havethe copy.

Don't think the seller knew that. It does have all the tags tho.

Thanks,

Tim
lifsvr25
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola, Relm/BK, Kenwood

Post by lifsvr25 »

Ok all.... like i said before, I read it with 14.01.00. Since I now have found 9.05.0 will I be able to go back and read it again or will it scream at me saying it was read with a newer version? I just need to find a DOS computer to install it into.
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

lifsvr25 wrote:Since I now have found 9.05.0 will I be able to go back and read it again or will it scream at me saying it was read with a newer version? I just need to find a DOS computer to install it into.
DOS RSS R09.05 is for 1st gen Astro radios such as the Astro Saber & XTS3000. It is not for Astro25 products such as your XTS2500, and it will not work.. If you wrote to your radio with the R14.xx.xx you have, then you won't be able to use R09.xx.xx on it anymore.

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”