ASTRO 25 Talkgroup input as HEX ?

This forum is dedicated to discussions pertaining specifically to the Motorola ASTRO line of radios (those that use VSELP/IMBE/AMBE), including using digital modulation, digital programming, FlashPort upgrades, etc. If you have general questions please use the General or Programming forums.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

sheldon

ASTRO 25 Talkgroup input as HEX ?

Post by sheldon »

I am trying to add TGs into the Trunking Personality / Talkgroup tab in CPS 16.00.00 and regardless of what TG I enter e.g. 40426, the CPS comes up with an invalid field error! Any ideas what may be the cause? Do the TGS have to be in HEX format?
K8TEK
"Dark Chocolate"
What radios do you own?: Dynatac

Re: ASTRO 25 Talkgroup input as HEX ?

Post by K8TEK »

After seeing your previous post here it would appear to me that you are attempting to do something you have no business doing. Not to be rude, but stick to your scanner.
Last edited by K8TEK on Thu Oct 27, 2011 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
K8TEK::Tim
Spiffy50

Post by Spiffy50 »

More along the lines of the information you are looking for, yes all Motorola radios (with some exceptions like the GTX/Maxtrac series) use hex.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Spiffy50 wrote:More along the lines of the information you are looking for, yes all Motorola radios (with some exceptions like the GTX/Maxtrac series) use hex.
Be careful with those absolutes... APX allows entry of all values in hex and decimal (damn confusing)... A25 does unit IDs in hex and dec...
Motoboy
What radios do you own?: HT1250 I saved from the dump

Post by Motoboy »

After seeing your previous post here it would appear to me that you are attempting to do something you have no business doing.

It is important to note that you cannot change a Unit ID in the ASTRO 25 CPS unless you have the system key for the trunking system you are trying to use. If you read a radio for which you do not have a key (software or hardware), you can't just change the ID and blow it into a different radio. You can, however, read the radio and change things that are not related to the trunking portion and then blow it back into the original radio, as long as your system doesn't have an advanced key that is write protected.
"I don't have a driver's license, either, and that never got me in trouble!" ~Customer

Return to “Legacy Batboard Motorola ASTRO (VSELP/IMBE/AMBE) Equipment Forum”