test equipment

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

hamzagi
New User

test equipment

Post by hamzagi »

need advice pls,

i want to know what equipment is needed in order to mesure and adjust deviation, and what equipment is needed to align a duplexer.

your help will be appreciated.
Andy Corbin

Re: test equipment

Post by Andy Corbin »

hamzagi wrote:need advice pls,

i want to know what equipment is needed in order to mesure and adjust deviation, and what equipment is needed to align a duplexer.

your help will be appreciated.
You will need a deviation meter to measure and adjust deviation. Not trying to be a smart-ass, but that is what you need. There are a number of deviation meters to be had. Heathkit sold the IM4180 some years ago and if you are patient long enough you can probably find one for under $100. MFJ makes one as do some other sources. You just need to look for one. A tracking generator/spectrum analyzer is the best thing for adjusting a duplexer. I know some folks who have gotten by with just a signal generator and years past, but that is not the best way to go.

You can get both of these instruments and MORE in one box. Look at a service monitor. There are LOTS of them on the used market. For what you want, prices range from $1500 and up. You need to be careful though. There are some service monitors out there that are getting old and some of the functions may work intermittently or not at all. Be careful on Ebay. I see a fair number of them that offer a low "buy it now" option. They usually want you to contact them at another email address and NOT through Ebay. These are most likely ripoffs who have hijacked another Ebay account. If you contact them via the external email account they provide and send them money, you will (1) probably not get your service monitor and (2) kiss your money good bye.
hamzagi
New User

Post by hamzagi »

how much it'll cost to get a new R8000 service monitor , or R2600 ?
xmo

Post by xmo »

$15,000.00 to $30,000.00 depending on options.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

You will also need someone familiar with the test equipment to perform the work. I'm just sayin, you know ...

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”