R2001D service manual

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

luxy
New User

R2001D service manual

Post by luxy »

I'm looking for a R2001D service manual, or at least Power-Supply's schematic diagram. Any tip where can i download it from ( W/O selling my home :)
I'm a new member here, so maybe I overlooked older posts.
Thank you.
xmo

Re: R2001D service manual

Post by xmo »

luxy
New User

Post by luxy »

Thank you XMO,
Unfortunately it didn't help.
Does any friend here can help with it?
Thanks again.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

I used to service the R2000 series for Motorola, what's the problem with your analyzer & what test equipment do you have for troubleshooting?
Dave
xmo

Post by xmo »

ebay item number 261241648388
luxy
New User

Post by luxy »

DJP126 wrote:I used to service the R2000 series for Motorola, what's the problem with your analyzer & what test equipment do you have for troubleshooting?
Hi Dave,
It stuck at Turn-On,no response of the touch/arrows selectors. Some of the times there is no sweep on CRT, and at some- the speaker whistles with no response to Volume & Squelch controls.
As for now, I have a Fluke DMM, and will have a loaned ESR Mtr.
I'm sure that I will find a jungle of Electrolytic cap's, but i don't want to replace them all automatically.
Thanks Dave for your friendly support.
luxy
New User

Post by luxy »

xmo wrote:ebay item number 261241648388
Thank you faithful XMO.
luxy
New User

Post by luxy »

luxy wrote:I'm looking for a R2001D service manual, or at least Power-Supply's schematic diagram. Any tip where can i download it from ( W/O selling my home :)
I'm a new member here, so maybe I overlooked older posts.
Thank you.
If i understood correctly, it can be any of the R20xxD series, at least as for the Power-Supply boards ??
jry

Post by jry »

There is only one service manual for the R-200XXD Series ...maybe newer and later versions but the one manual covers the basic unit and options ...was not the best service manual overall but the specific sections are very detailed.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

luxy wrote:
DJP126 wrote:I used to service the R2000 series for Motorola, what's the problem with your analyzer & what test equipment do you have for troubleshooting?
Hi Dave,
It stuck at Turn-On,no response of the touch/arrows selectors. Some of the times there is no sweep on CRT, and at some- the speaker whistles with no response to Volume & Squelch controls.
I'm sure that I will find a jungle of Electrolytic cap's, but i don't want to replace them all automatically.
Make sure none of the keys are stuck in a contact position (this usually happened with the #4 or the #5 keys). This is a typical symptom of a stuck key.
Dave
luxy
New User

Post by luxy »

DJP126 wrote:
luxy wrote:
Hi Dave,
Make sure none of the keys are stuck in a contact position (this usually happened with the #4 or the #5 keys). This is a typical symptom of a stuck key.
Hi Dave,
Well, In the meantime I received a Manual. 1st thing I went for was your tip, checking all the keys matrix for 1-to-1 shorts & to GND. Nada. The PS's are OK too.
I suspect the AF Bus & circuitry. It seems like it can't pass all of it's 16 states, either due to address decoding problem, or the resulted data comes wrong by a bit or more. The AF Bus shared by several boards. Who said life isn't beautiful? People suffering on the beach, and lucky me make love with black box.
Thank you Dave, I'm glad you here.
luxy
New User

Post by luxy »

Hi,
As I suspected, one of the 4 AF BUS ADDRESS lines was bad. (It was clamped to about 1.5V)
Since the AF BUS is connected to few boards, By elimination, I Found the SOB: board A7 (Scope/Dvm Cntrl. Assy.)
That A7 is receiving the 4 AF BUS ADDRESS lines into IC U44, (LM324). One input of the LM324's 4 OP-AMPs was leaky to the +5V PS, which made its AF BUS ADDRESS line crazy.
Thank you Dave & XMO for your assist, and may this will help some friends at the future.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”