Motorola R2210B

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

radiocat37

Motorola R2210B

Post by radiocat37 »

Does anyone know where I can get a microphone for my Motorola R2210B?
Brian Griffin: Ah, if my memory serves me, this is the physics department.
Chris Griffin: That would explain all the gravity.

Lois: Peter, you're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted because I've been up all night drinking.
jry

Re: Motorola R2210B

Post by jry »

standard low impedance 4 pin motorola microphone will work ....think Mocom 70 vintage.
The test set version was a smaller & lighter and some are on Ebay as well
jry

Post by jry »

Usually what I have done is get the connector offan old style microphone since Motorola used a unique pin alignment and use a Maxtrac vintage microphone that was small enough to fit in the lid.
radiocat37

Post by radiocat37 »

Thanks for info. Also the cooling fan is a little noisy. And speaker is really weak sounding. Are these available?? And if so, where? Thanks

Fan is a micronel 59-80378a94. I checked micronel website and came up empty. I am sure part number has probably changed
Brian Griffin: Ah, if my memory serves me, this is the physics department.
Chris Griffin: That would explain all the gravity.

Lois: Peter, you're drunk again.
Peter: No, I'm just exhausted because I've been up all night drinking.
jry

Post by jry »

Usually just replace the fan with an off the shelf of the same physical size. Typically add a small RC filter inline wiht the +12VDC to cut the noise going back into the unit.
The original fan was a brush based DC motor fan and no filtering.
Replacing with a current brushless and a filter cut the amount of noise on the signal gen output significantly.

Not sure on the speaker ...I think the audio amp is co-located with the reference osc on the back left.

WOuld remove and inspect the speaker cone foe damage and then look at the amp coupling and output caps if the speaker checks OK.

Should be pretty standard on all of those components ...one of the nice things about the older service monitors.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

radiocat37 wrote:Fan is a micronel 59-80378a94. I checked micronel website and came up empty. I am sure part number has probably changed
The fan may have been from Micronel, but that was the Motorola p/n for the fan. That is of coarse NLA from Motorola.
Dave
jthomp4373
New User

Post by jthomp4373 »

Hi,
I have a Motorola R2210B/HS and need a microphone. My monitor came from a professional shop, but of course the mic was missing. I dont have any info on the specs of this unit and was wondering if anyone else used this model often.

Thanks,
John
Andy Corbin

Post by Andy Corbin »

jthomp4373 wrote:Hi,
I have a Motorola R2210B/HS and need a microphone. My monitor came from a professional shop, but of course the mic was missing. I dont have any info on the specs of this unit and was wondering if anyone else used this model often.

Thanks,
John
I have an R2400 (same unit except for the spectrum analyzer). I use a TMN6013 Motorola mike that works fine. I see compatible mikes on Ebay and at hamfests all the time. There are some on Ebay now. http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Motorola-Vint ... 1e80fddda4

You can follow the above link or go on Ebay and do a search on "Motorola Microphone TMN 60". That will bring up a fairly good selection. Some of the mikes will work and some won't because of the incompatible plug on the end.

Andy

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”