R2001B Question

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dbonamo
New User

R2001B Question

Post by dbonamo »

HI

First time post for me, I am new to this board.

I recently acquired a R2001B, I think, by this I mean, the model number decal is missing. From looking at photo's of other R2001's and looking at the rear panel layout I am guessing it is a model B.

The unit works, but I have 2 quirks

When the unit is plugged in both the AC and Bat are lit. I know the AC is normal but why would the BAT be lit. As far as I can tell I have no battery installed. The bat led stays lit even when the unit is turned on.

The other issue is if unit is unplugged, not just turned off, for a period and then plugged in and turned on, moving from Monitor to Generate either fails or unit reset's and then goes to generated. After about a 1 minute or 2 thinks are back to normal.

Anyone have any idea's

Thanks

David
jonnyc
New User

Re: R2001B Question

Post by jonnyc »

Hi David
Sounds like you've got a 2001C with a dead memory-keep-alive battery. This is located in the Processor module A9.
I've had success replacing this with a round lithium battery from a computer in the past.( Depends on how original you want the beast to be!)
Hope this helps.

JC

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”