ifr 1600s

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jhall
New User

ifr 1600s

Post by jhall »

Hope someone may give me a little help on the 1600s,when I hook my return loss bridge I get about -11.2 db on display with no load to the bridge,how do you get the ref line to go to 0 ?
sorry if I sound dumb but learning this machine
joe
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: ifr 1600s

Post by Wowbagger »

There will always be a bit of loss going through a return loss bridge. Increase the output of your generator until the trace is at a convenient point on the screen - e.g. in your example, bump the reference output up until you get the reference on -10dB, or run it down until you hit -20dB.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
jhall
New User

Post by jhall »

Thanks I thought there may be a function to normalize the trace such as the ifr 2975
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

Nope - although that's why normalize was added in the later units.
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
GlennD

Post by GlennD »

If you go to HP's, Agelent, or whatever it is today, there is a very good general operations manual available.

My printed copy says 08920-090212 ... Application Handbook.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”