R2001B Generator variable level

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

leaper54
New User

R2001B Generator variable level

Post by leaper54 »

My R2001B was working fine until doing a de-sense test at a site yesterday. I had 70db isolation for a
27w transmitter. During the test, I accidentally toggled the power off. Now the generator RF level goes
immediately to maximum when raising the variable control. The step-pad is working fine, but I have
lost the variable control. I have no maintenance manual for de-bug. Does anyone recognize this error
and have a solution?
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R2001B Generator variable level

Post by DJP126 »

When the unit was turned off, you basically put the unit into the generate mode with rf applied and no protection sensing. Most likely taking out U205 and U204 in the wideband amplifier section of the RF I/O module. You might of also taken out the mixer in that section. Those are the circuits to check. The bad news, you need the maint manual. The good news is, that module is common between the A, B & C models so any of those manuals will work.
Dave
cahighwayman22

Re: R2001B Generator variable level

Post by cahighwayman22 »

I have a copy of the A11 Module schematic and parts list if you need it.

PM me your email address.

-Trevor

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”