IFR 1900 LCD brightness

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rgpace
New User

IFR 1900 LCD brightness

Post by rgpace »

I just purchased an IFR 1900, working great with the exception of the LCD brightness. Is there a way to increase/decrease the brightness? I may be super obvious but I cannot seem to figure it out. Thanks, Ron
jry

Re: IFR 1900 LCD brightness

Post by jry »

do not believe the either the LCD version of the 1600 or the 1900 had a user adjustable brightness.

If there is an adjustment it may be in the LCD assembly for the back lighting intensity.

These are older LCD displays that use a high voltage supply and a CFL tube for back lighting. It could be either the supply or tube is weak if not adjustable.

It does run off the 12VDC so maybe a poor connection there.

You have to pull the front panel in order to get to the LCD IIRC
Audiotron
New User

Re: IFR 1900 LCD brightness

Post by Audiotron »

Hi Friend

By the time of use the CCFL lamps can be with excessive wear, I have replaced them with LEDs and their current control to modify the luminous intensity by PWM control

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”