motorola r-2001d spectrum analyzer

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pete36
New User

motorola r-2001d spectrum analyzer

Post by pete36 »

Hi i am new to this forum and i am looking for some information on 2001d spectrum analyzer functions as the manual is not very intuitive.
is it possible to change or move the position of the trace from the bottom to the middle of the screen or even higher as i am trying to tune up some duplexers and a preselector and i cant see the notch only the noise floor many thanks.
jry

Re: motorola r-2001d spectrum analyzer

Post by jry »

I think what you are really asking for is to maximize the SA sensitivity ?

1. Use the antenna in port ( pull the RF level knob adjust IIRC ) and set the attenuator to 0 dbm since that is inline as well. You may want to set the dispersion to 1Mhz position .

2. Other option is to increase the signal level you are using to tune the notch with.

3. you could use the sweep function with an RF probe but that has relatively poor sensitivity compared to the normal SA display

I think the SA display positions are only internally adjustable on the 2001D which is really how it should be, The IFR 1200S assumed you had the normal scope level at the center and would let you move the SA display vertically ...usually caused more issues than fixes though.
pete36
New User

Re: motorola r-2001d spectrum analyzer

Post by pete36 »

thank you JRY i have found out that i was doing it all wrong i was using an external generator and not the internal one and as you rightly said i should pull the level knob out and also switch the duplex function on and this with the attenuator move the reference level . previously i had used only the SA and this only allowed the signal to disappear into the noise floor.
a big thank you for giving me this information and i hope anyone else with the same problem will be helped by this thread

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”