R2600CCBS question

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wcu02mpa

R2600CCBS question

Post by wcu02mpa »

I have recently acquired an R2600CCBS. I currently have an R2600B/HS. Can someone tell me how to access the menu to see what options are installed? I forget how to do that. Also what advantages does the "CCBS" have over the "B" model? All the functions seem to work good (GEN and RX). Thanks for any information about this unit.
I may not fire the first shot, but I will fire the last one.
wcu02mpa

Re: R2600CCBS question

Post by wcu02mpa »

I found the menu for the options, but would still like to know what the "CCBS" means.
wcu02mpa

Post by wcu02mpa »

I did some digging and did the right search setting R2600C/CBS. That yielded some results. Apparently this is the C version with a cellular base station (CBS) option. I thought would post for those that were not aware. I know with analog gone the cell function is about useless, but it still is a nice piece of equipment and I have already tested some radios with great results.

The R2600C/CBS is exceptionally stable and accurate in
the 800-900 MHz range.

It has ALL of the
features of the normal R2600C for land mobile and two-way radio, plus
additional two-way features like a high stability time base, IEEE
488.2, tracking generator & more.
wcu02mpa

R2600C/CBS

Post by wcu02mpa »

I have installed a new 3.6V battery on the processor and the thing is performing great. I have compared it alongside my R2600B and it is virtually the same with TX and RX results. The one thing is it will flash "warning-recalibrate" at the bottom left of the screen. Can someone advise what is happening here?
RFguy

Re: R2600C/CBS

Post by RFguy »

wcu02mpa wrote: The one thing is it will flash "warning-recalibrate" at the bottom left of the screen. Can someone advise what is happening here?
Have you run the calibration routine on it? I forget the button, but may just be the CAL button. Follow the on-screen instructions.
wcu02mpa

Post by wcu02mpa »

I did that and was fine for awhile (20 minutes) then randomly came back on. I ran the CAL again and seems to be holding. I thought maybe it was doing that due to me replacing the processor battery, but am just not sure. I cannot locate any info on the recalibrate warning.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

The R2600 series stores two calibration tables for front end temperature compensation. That is why you saw the warning about 20 minutes after calibrating. At the service center after all repairs and calibrations were completed, we would shut the unit down to allow it to get "cold" When we turned it on again, we pressed the "cal" button in order to set the "cold cal temps" table. About 30 minutes after that was completed, we pressed the "cal" button again to set the "warm cal temps" table. If you have a transmitter keyed up into the front end, that warning will come on again when you get outside of the calibration temperature tables. Also take note that the CBS option wasn't spec'd out for frequencies below 800 MHz. The RF I/O module was selected and tuned for 800 & 900 MHz performance only.
Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”