Aeroflex 1600

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

aes256pro
New User
What radios do you own?: APX7000, PD982, PD782, 7550 et

Aeroflex 1600

Post by aes256pro »

I'm racking my brain and use to the Marconi 2955. How do you simply insert a unknown frequency withing the equipment's range and determine what it is? It seems like I have to know the frequency and enter it to do testing. My 2955 would auto tune the frequency if unknown. I'm sure this newer unit does the same but I cant find the function. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
jry

Re: Aeroflex 1600

Post by jry »

The best you can do is setup a SCAN ...either range or frequency list. Never felt the need to setup ...used the Spectrum Analyzer to find the freq. The SA on the 1600 is pretty good for being an add-on.

IFR never really had a good TX autodetect IMHO like some of the other vendors like HP , Stabilock and Marconi. That was the feature I liked the most on those vendors since it really helped doing the radio alignments
aes256pro
New User
What radios do you own?: APX7000, PD982, PD782, 7550 et

Re: Aeroflex 1600

Post by aes256pro »

Agreed JRY. Well, i'm glad I was wasn't just missing it. :) Thank you. Any other quirks on the 1600 for RF tuning and alignment?

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”