R2001D keypad jibberish

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

W8TMT
New User

R2001D keypad jibberish

Post by W8TMT »

Recently acquired this unit and raised it from dead. Had some shorted diodes in the LV power supply, now starts up, beeps, passes self test and CRT display is bright and clear. Problem now is that the character fields that should be changeable by the keypad are displaying jibberish. A string of them looks like a ladder laid on its side. The cursor sometimes moves one position or maybe 3 positions with each arrow keypress depending on where you start. Any experts out there who have seen this?

Thanks,

Terry W8TMT
bernie
Batboard $upporter

Re: R2001D keypad jibberish

Post by bernie »

My two bits worth:
I think that the NOVRAM is corrupted.
Do special function command 79. (To enter the special function press both cursor keys at the same time.)
This should also set everything to default.
Aloha, Bernie
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Re: R2001D keypad jibberish

Post by DJP126 »

I have to agree with Bernie, special function 79 should solve your problem. Bernie and I both worked on these analyzers for Motorola.
Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”