R2670A stupid question

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tgundo2003
New User

R2670A stupid question

Post by tgundo2003 »

I am a relatively new owner of an R2670A. Had it in for repair and calibration back in august.

I don't understand one simple thing, when I am checking things like Insertion loss and I connect the Gen out to the Ant in to get a baseline measurement why doesn't the generator output level match (or be close less cables and connectors loss) the reading of the input level? If I have my generator set to 0dBm out it will be measuring something around -55dBm in. Its less of a difference if I use the RF out port at the lower level, but there's still a difference.

I'm sure it's just something silly I just don't understand. Someone please educate me!

Thanks!
xmo

Re: R2670A stupid question

Post by xmo »

Check your front panel fuses - Gen Out & Ant in - One of them is probably blown.
jry

Post by jry »

sounds like antenna fuse is blown if it fails on both GEN and RF I/O

Not sure when it was calibrated but they clearly should have caught that
tgundo2003
New User

Post by tgundo2003 »

Thanks for the replies. I will check them tonight.

Yea- I wasn't to happy with the place it got repaired/calibrated, poor communications.
tgundo2003
New User

Post by tgundo2003 »

Just a follow up- the gen out fuse is blown- good call.

Suggestions on a good source for replacement fuses?

Thanks again!

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”