Option 645 for Aeroflex 3920????

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bwigg

Option 645 for Aeroflex 3920????

Post by bwigg »

I was attempting to do an auto alignment on a APX radio and received the message that I need option 645 to align this radio. Is this a stand alone option or will I need any other option in addition to option 645?

It is listed on MOL in the test equipment area as a option that can be ordered, but no more info is listed.

Or should I just order through Aeroflex??
JeffFireRadio

Re: Option 645 for Aeroflex 3920????

Post by JeffFireRadio »

Check the APX page on here (somewhere around thread number 10-15 from the top...'Attempt to Autotune APX6000'). Someone just went through this recently. A question or two might be quickly answered there.

Yes, you'll need it.

- Jeff
bwigg

Post by bwigg »

Thanks for the info, I have a call into Aeroflex now to find out the cost. It seems I need to add option 644 and 645 to tune all the APX radios.
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

A new file and firmware update to newest will fix this. The cost is zero from Aeroflex. New model numbers added to APX line was the cause.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”