Motorola R2660D iDEN System Fail?

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

cswilsn
New User

Motorola R2660D iDEN System Fail?

Post by cswilsn »

Hello Everyone,

I am having an interesting issue with my 2660D. I fired it up this morning and it booted without running the calibration (usually it fires up and calibrates). The following error started flashing on the screen:

"WARNING: Calibration Incomplete"

I tried to manually calibrate the unit, which is also failing.

It seems the only thing that is failing/incomplete during calibration is the iDEN Option (which I don't use anyways).

Does anyone have experience with this piece of gear that may know what is going on?

Thanks a bunch!

Chris
jry

Re: Motorola R2660D iDEN System Fail?

Post by jry »

I would bypass the IDEN slice and flash the firmware to the standard r26XX version. Slice may have died but there could be other issues as well.

A new battery would help the calibration at power up as well. The cal routine should only needed based on the temp change and the later R2600 maintains at least two calibration points ( cold and hot ) .

There was a document posted on how to reset those two points to start off fresh. ( something like leave unit off over night, reset CAL values through the NVM reset ( SPF > System Functions ), run CAL routine. Leave on and the unit should prompt to re-CAL when it warms up ...the document would be the correct process and not one based on my recollection.

See where that gets you .

You can PM me if you need it repaired.
cswilsn
New User

Re: Motorola R2660D iDEN System Fail?

Post by cswilsn »

Any idea of an outlet to legally obtain firmware? I just got home and tried to reset, no luck. I agree getting rid of the iden options probably wont hurt matters ;).

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”