R2001A HV Power Supply

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

900mhzSpectra
New User
What radios do you own?: MTS2000, Spectra

R2001A HV Power Supply

Post by 900mhzSpectra »

I'm working on a R2001A service monitor that I had some brightness issues with. Replaced the zener diode with a new one, but in the process of moving the boards (There are three in in the R2001A HV supply) I apparently broke one of the wires soldered to one of the boards which caused a resistor to burn up, which has been replaced.

What I would like to to is power the monitor up without the HV power supply so I can check out the voltages on the LV supply to make sure everything there is working properly before I try to power up the HV supply. There was a post from back in 2011 regarding doing just this with a 12 ohm resistor but not which connections this was across. I really don't want to let the magic smoke out again.

Thanks,

Ed

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”