[Problems with 3 Aeroflex 2975]

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

edacsmaster
New User

[Problems with 3 Aeroflex 2975]

Post by edacsmaster »

what are the odds?
I have 3 aeroflex 2975, all3 power up and i can hear the fan running,
none of the 3 get to the boot stage not a single beep.
could this be that all 3 have a bad hard drive, or controller?
than any one who could give any ideas
JC

[Hi: Please do a better job with your subject lines thank you! -Alex]
Audiotron
New User

Re: [Problems with 3 Aeroflex 2975]

Post by Audiotron »

HI ,

Try turning off the drives hdd to see if there is a Bios startup screen..

Regards.
edacsmaster
New User

Post by edacsmaster »

Audiotron,

Ok I got all 3 on the bench with the cover removed, you say to disconnect power from the HDto see if i can get to the bios correct?
I have not tried this yet,
But i will say that I did plug a key board to the usb port, hold down the power button on the front and then turned on the main power button and i got to the bios screen.even heard the floppy drive spin up had leave so i powered down, came back next day did the same sequence but now just blank screen,
was thinking that may be i can make a boot disk to do boot from floppy, but no luck finding a floppy, i will say that I can see that the CPU cooling fan is running, being that I have 3 all doing the same thing, something here is common failure
wish there was a tech manual out there.
will try your method on Monday
thank you
JC
Audiotron
New User

Post by Audiotron »

Hi JC ,

In these units 2975 there are important points to check, first check the Bios Battery, according to whether the RTC unit is perfect and a very important detail and check if the HDD has no damaged sector to do so use the DDrescue of LInux

Regards
Audiotron
New User

Post by Audiotron »

Hi ,

first make sure that you have a bootable 2975, then with the help of a PC and the DDrescue software try to recover the errors from the HDD using this software
Audiotron
New User

Post by Audiotron »

Hi

I recovered some logic boards of this model and some had faults in the Vcore voltage electrolytic capacitors and others in the PWM oscillator of the processor voltages plus what is very common in this unit really are HDD failures.
ablitz

Post by ablitz »

Do you remember if the capacitors were on the processor board with the CPU?
ablitz

Post by ablitz »

Audiotron wrote:Hi

I recovered some logic boards of this model and some had faults in the Vcore voltage electrolytic capacitors and others in the PWM oscillator of the processor voltages plus what is very common in this unit really are HDD failures.
Were the capacitor on the processor board or the card with the battery? Ihave two 2975s that i just bought and one will not boot does not have 3.3 v led lit just white screen. The other will boot after trying a couple ou times and i see noise on the screen until it boots and works correctly. I have also verified that the hd is good and boots on the first one by swapping it with the second 2975 drive. Any help is appreciated

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”