R2600 / R2700 Serial Command Set

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Askjerry
New User

R2600 / R2700 Serial Command Set

Post by Askjerry »

The R2600, R2670, R2700 series service monitors support the ability to be controlled via a 25 pin serial port. I can see the electrical connections and I have made a cable no problem... The problem I am having is that the standard manual DOES NOT supply the required serial command list nor the settings for the serial control. (At least I can't find them.) I presume it to be 9600 BAUD, 8 bits, one stop bit... I can check that out with a terminal program.

Does anyone here have a list of the serial command set so that I can write a Visual Basic program to control the unit?

This would be a HUGE help to me... when we align a radio I could make a test screen... one click and the monitor would be set for the right frequency, bandwidth, and port for example.

I'll take anything I can get... a text file, PDF, DOC... whatever. If there is something to search Google on that I missed... I'll take that too. This seems nearly impossible to find!

Thanks in advance.
Jerry Rutherford

jerryarutherford(at)gmail(dot)com
xmo

Re: R2600 / R2700 Serial Command Set

Post by xmo »

For certain Motorola Astro and Astro25 radios General Dynamics has already done this for you. Contact them for information about their Autotest product.

This software was created in Labview and not only controls the analyzer but uses the CPS tuner engine so that the radio is automatically aligned by the program.

If you still want to do it yourself, what you need is the R2600 family programmer's reference manual:

Item Number: 6880309E55
PROGRAMMING MANUAL, R2600
Unit of Measure: 1 EA
Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Re: R2600 / R2700 Serial Command Set

Post by Wowbagger »

Please forgive the slightly off-topic response, but:

Aeroflex just announced the Auto-Test II application for the 3900, which will do automatic test and alignment of many Motorola radios - no external PC required.

Just FYI (I've been biting my tongue until it was announced publicly).
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”