R2001D Service Monitor Lithium Battery Replace

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

N4CNU

R2001D Service Monitor Lithium Battery Replace

Post by N4CNU »

I have a R2001D service monitor with a defective 3 volt Lithium Manganese battery. Does anyone know where I can purchase another, or have a work around. The part number listed in the manual is 60-80396A01, or the GE number on the battery is 44B004AB00201. Yes a GE battery!
Last edited by N4CNU on Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy Corbin

Re: R2001D Service Monitor

Post by Andy Corbin »

N4CNU wrote:I have a R2001D service monitor with a defective 3 volt Lithium Manganese battery. Does anyone know where I can purchase another, or have a work around. The part number listed in the manual is 60-80396A01, or the GE number on the battery is 44B004AB00201. Yes a GE battery!

I am not familiar with the R2000 series Motorolas and where the Lithium battery might be. I have an R2400 as a backup. I recently got an IFR1500 that "failed N.V. RAM Checksum". It had a 3v alklaline battery in there. Almost impossible to find a direct replacement other than saw some on Ebay or order it. This battery was cylindrical, about 2/3 length of an AA and slightly bigger in diameter and had snaps on each end similar to a 9v battery. Anyhow, I went to an Interstate battery dealer and they actually built a tabbed Lithium battery for about $5. Cut the snap contacts off and soldered the new lithium battery in place and all is well in "1500 world". I figure this battery will last for years.

Check the Interstate battery website. Some Interstate dealers sell only automotive batteries, some sell all sorts of two way radio batteries, electronic batteries, etc.

Andy
WD4KDN
xxx2fan
What radios do you own?: HT750 Ht1250 CDM1250 CDM1550

Re: R2001D Service Monitor

Post by xxx2fan »

Panasonic® BR-C 3V/5000mAh Lithium Battery w/ Solder Tabs
Model: LITH-14-1PANA | Catalog #: 55031959

This Panasonic BR-C 3V/5000mAh Lithium size "C" battery with

The above is available from Radio Shack in my area. You may be able to wire tie it up someplace and extend the wiring to it.
firemedic

Re: R2001D Service Monitor Lithium Battery Replace

Post by firemedic »

Mine had a battery pack at the top with standard AA batteries in it. Must have been an older unit. I unsoldered the pack and put a CR123 holder in there and ran the wires down. Just dropped in a CR123 and can swap it latter if needed. Just wire tied it where I could find. Works good now and remembers the settings.
Keith Dobbins N8KLD
IT Mainframe Network Engineer
W8TAP Repeater Group
Repeater Technician
Parkersburg, WV

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”