Motorola R2009D

This forum exists for the purposes for discussing service monitors (This includes but is not limited to Motorola, HP, Aeroflex, GD, etc). Additional topics allowed include test procedures, interpretation of test results, where to find information about specific tests, antenna VSWR, return loss testing, duplexer and filter alignment, etc.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ABANAKA

Motorola R2009D

Post by ABANAKA »

I have the Motorola R2009D, everything is working except the receiver is very deaf. Has anyone had this problem? Short of sending it in for repair is there anything I do or look for?
Thanks
RJF19
New User
What radios do you own?: Icom 7600, 7000, 756 PROII

Re: Motorola R2009D

Post by RJF19 »

Have you checked the Pico fuse in the Ant connector? Carefully unscrew the BNC, it screws in to it's mount in the front panel, and you will find a mini fuse there. I don't remember the exact amperage, something like a tenth of an amp. If it's open, thats your problem. Just be careful not to damage the BNC connector when unscrewing. You will need to cut the leads on the new fuse to exactly the same length as the one there now and make sure the wire is clean. Service and operating manuals for that unit can be found on eBay.
Bob Fehn W3RJF
ABANAKA

Post by ABANAKA »

Bob
Thanks for the rely. I don't have the manual but I will look for one. This monitor is new to me so for give me on its operation. If I am correct the Attenuator switches the N connector and the BNC. Does the receiver only work off the BNC?
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

The fuse is only for the antenna port.
DJP126
What radios do you own?: What's a radio?

Post by DJP126 »

ABANAKA wrote:Bob
Thanks for the rely. I don't have the manual but I will look for one. This monitor is new to me so for give me on its operation. If I am correct the Attenuator switches the N connector and the BNC. Does the receiver only work off the BNC?
If by the attenuator, you mean the variable RF pot, then you are correct. Pull out for the BNC (antenna) port, push in for the "N" connector (RF I/O) port. The fuse in the antenna port is a 1/8 Amp. The analyzer generates and receives through both ports. I recommend that you use the antenna port for distant measurements (like to check a repeater) and use the RF I/O for nearby measurements (like a portable in the same room) or for direct connections to check Tx power (limited to 100 W.)
Dave

Return to “Test Equipment & RF Equipment Alignment”