Astro CPS ?

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

MTS2000
What radios do you own?: HT1550, XTS3000, XTS5000

Astro CPS ?

Post by MTS2000 »

I have a Astro Saber III UHF with the Modat option. When I try to deselect Modat the CPS gives me invalid fields in the Modat Menu for the Emergency Revert channels. I would think as lond as I didn't have Modat selected in the Signalling menu that shouldn't matter. But the CPS wouldn't clear the invalid fields until I set a conventional personality to Modat. Is there a way to deselect Modat or is this a bug in the CPS. BTW using version 5.02.

Thanks
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: Astro CPS ?

Post by jmr061 »

If I recall right, (it has been ages since I played with modat) you have to have at least one personally setup with it. You don't have to included that personality in the zone/mode list though.

I think that sounds right but like I said it has been years since I did any playing with modat.

Jason
N4KVE
What radios do you own?: APX XTS XTL TRBO 900MHZ

Post by N4KVE »

I have that problem too. I assign Modat to a ch I hardly use. It's not a bug in the CPS, more a bug in the feature rich flashcodes. GARY
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

Mine too on my 3K I just made up a personality with it and assigned it to #17 in a zone and forgot about it.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

It's an issue with the 4F1E flash. That's partly why many of us had "1C5E > 4F1E" in our forum sigs years past.

Find a 1C5E-flashed s-record matching your model/bandsplit and blow it in, and you won't have to set up dummy MODAT channels anymore.

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”