Build date seems to be 1/15/2013.
What's New in the CPS:
-- Radio Management 1.1: This feature allows users to manage and program multiple radios.
• Radio codeplug database can now be stored on a cloud server. This allows remote programmers to access and program radios.
• Codeplug template can be shared across multiple radios
• Changes to codeplug template can be automatically applied to all affected radios
• Schedule programming jobs ahead of time
• Provides basic fleet mapping capabilities such as; viewing, editing, sorting, grouping & filtering by:
• Radio ID
• System information
• Data profile
Radio Management supports wired USB connection to radios or Over The Air (OTA).
New functionality in this release includes:
• Automatic status refresh
• FLASHport Upgrade & Refresh Support – Radios can now be FLASHport upgraded via RM. This includes Voice Announcement files and Language Packs. Please note that radios MUST be connected via USB.
• Gang Programming & Gang FLASHport Support via USB – Support for programming up to 16 devices simultaneously via RM (Supported on Windows 7)
• Authentication of computers accessing the RM server
• Support for 100 Device Programmers, 16 CPS clients and up to 5 Job Processors
Please note that this feature is available in the CPS for up to 100 radios. For additional radios support, a Radio Management license must be purchased.
For more information, please watch the Radio Management Tutorial under the tutorials menu in the CPS help.
Note to RM 1.0 users: RM 1.0 database cannot be used with RM 1.1. The RM 1.0 database must be converted in order to be used by RM 1.1. Please call customer service at 1-800-927-2744 for step-by-step instructions on how to do this.
-- New Advanced Keys Administrator (AKA) Application:
This application provides the ability to create, configure and manage Advanced Keys of all types (System, WACN and Conventional) that grant access and value control to specific fields within the CPS codeplug layout. It can be installed along with and accessed from the APX CPS. During the install, the user will be given a choice to install the AKA application during the initial setup of the installation process.
From within the CPS, the user with administration privileges can access the AKA application via Tools--Options--Admin screen.
New AKA Functionality:
• New UI which provides visual representation for both the APX codeplug layout and XTS/XTL layout
• Support for a new i-Button model (DS1996) due to the cancelation of the DS1994 model
• Increased the number of allowable ranges from 5 per limitable field to 250 max pool per Access Level
• The DS1996 can be reformatted after the device expires, instead of having to throw the i-Button away, as with the DS1994
• With the Master Key, the user can change the expiration of a child key for the DS1996 model
• Support for appending keys to a formatted device. It is no longer required to have all MASTER keys present when creating a new child key
• Data being programmed to the device can be exported to CSV format for tracking purposes
• Application supports the same set of languages as the CPS
-- New CPS Functionality related to Advanced Keys:
• Change the Owner System ID using Unlimited Advanced Keys
• Turn off Radio Write Protection using the Owner System ASK
For more information, please watch the Advanced Keys Tutorial under the tutorials menu in the CPS help.
-- APX International Language Support:
The APX CPS help text is now translated in these languages: (Tutorials are still in English)
• French (Canada)
• Traditional Chinese
In a Windows XP machine additional fonts may need to be installed for some languages. This may be done in the Languages tab accessed via the Regional and Languages Options icon in the Control Panel.
Please note that some Voice Files are not translated.
Starting with CPS version R08.00.00, APX radios support non-English languages via Language Packs. CPS users will see a slight delay the first time a non-English Radio Display Language is used.
New Radio Features Supported:
IMPORTANT NOTE: Firmware version R09.00.00 or higher is required for the following features to
work in the radio:
-- Tactical Incident Command Solution (Fireground):
Software that provides a subscriber based accountability for on scene incident commander. Enhance the voice and data communications between the firefighters and Incident Commander (IC).
-- Enhanced CPS Support for the SRX™ 2200 radio:
• Tactical Inhibit feature
• Infinite UKEK Retention
• Night Vision Goggles
• Permanent Disable Tx/Rx LED
-- ISSI 8000 (Inter RF Subsystem Interface) InterWACN Roaming - NGI:
Allows a subscriber to roam on a selected talkgroup from one WACN to another without any user intervention. Provides the ability to connect an ASTRO 25 System to another trunked system via the P25 ISSI standard protocol.
-- MCD 5000 Deskset System:
This IP-based compact deskset unit provides digital control to a variety of Motorola conventional and trunked radios (using SB9600).
-- Enhanced CPS Support for Bluetooth:
‘Bluetooth Replace Pairing Info’ field and ‘Active RSM / Internal Mic If No Bluetooth Mic’ fields have been added.
-- Support for the Smart Key Fob (low battery tone feature)
A tone will be generated through bluetooth headset when the battery is low.
-- New Voice Announcements for Radio Features:
- Emergency On
- In-Call User Alert On and In-Call User Alert Off
- Secure Tx Select On and Secure Tx Select Off
- Keypad / Controls Lock On and Keypad / Controls Lock Off
- Multi Function Button Primary Mode and Multi Function Button Secondary Mode
-- The FCC Narrowbanding Mandate for ASTRO Radios:
Per the FCC Rule Part 90 requirements on narrowbanding, VHF and UHF radios imported or manufactured after 12/31/2012 will no longer be authorized to operate on 25 kHz channel bandwidth.
More information in the Special FCC Regulation Note below.
IMPORTANT PROGRAMMING NOTE
Even though the radio may be disconnected from the PC when the CPS programming is done, DO NOT TURN THE RADIO OFF if the updating process on the radio is still in progress. If an update is in progress, the radio will present the words: "Updating..." on the front and/or top display.
This update can take up to 90 seconds after the CPS programming session has completed.
APX CPS Help & Tutorials
Detailed information for these new features can be found in the APX CPS Help & Tutorials. These can be accessed via the APX CPS in the Help ribbon, or by clicking on the blue question mark in the upper right hand corner of the APX CPS.
Supported APX Radios:
-- APX6500 Li
-- APX6000 Li
New radios supported in this release:
-- APX2500 VHF
-- APX2500 7/800
-- APX4500 VHF
-- APX4500 7/800
-- APX4000 1.5 Li
-- APX4000 900 MHz
-- APX3000 7/800
-- APX3000 UHF1
-- APX2500 VHF
-- APX2500 7/800
-- APX2000 Li