XTS4000 programming

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

saberthree
New User

XTS4000 programming

Post by saberthree »

hey guys I have a question for you... I have a XTS 4000 UHF the Host and DSP version is R19.50.00, I have no idea what was the last version of CPS was used to program it, as I bought it last year out of state from a dealer and no longer in contact with him.

I have a toughbook, which has CPS R19.01.00 on it, but I cannot power on my computer because my friends dang dog chewed up my power cable (so much for a toughbook) anyway I currently have no idea if my version of CPS will be able to read and write with it. My license expired so I cannot get an upgrade to the newest version which I believe is R20.00.00? I would like to keep using R19.01.00 and not have to shell out 300 bucks for another updated version...any input?
MTS2000des
What radios do you own?: XTS2500, XTS5000, and MTS2000

Re: XTS4000 programming

Post by MTS2000des »

buy an IBM Thinkpad for your Toughbook, ASSUMING it's a CF-28/29, the Thinkpad AC Adapters such as the ones for the T40/40p work fine and are about $15 on Ebay.
The views here are my own and do not represent those of anyone else or the company, the boss, his wife, his dog or distant relatives.
Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 »

There is a CpFix utility over on the P25.ca forum to roll back your codeplug version to R12, I've never tried it on a 4k but I don't see why it wouldn't work?

Once you've successfully run that utility, just read and re-write the codeplug with whichever CPS version you want to use (just so long as it's newer than R12) and you're done.

Andrew
saberthree
New User

Post by saberthree »

yes its a CF-29, Ill have to look into that...thank you for giving me a hint to look for!
saberthree
New User

Post by saberthree »

Ill have to check out the CPFix utility, sounds like a good idea. On that note, if i do roll back my radio, it will not affect anything correct? from what I understand it just rewrites the CPlug saying it was last written on R12 correct? thank you for your advice
Bigfella237

Post by Bigfella237 »

Correct, it simply changes the 'flag' in the S-record so the earlier CPS will read the codeplug, although subsequent reading and rewriting may effect some features not supported by the earlier CPS version.

Remember too that you don't necessarily have to go all the way back to R12, if the radio was last written with R20 you can apply the CpFix, then read/write with R19 if you only want to go back one revision.

BTW, after re-reading some of the comments in the thread over on the other forum, a few people have confirmed that it does work on the 4000's so you're good to go.

Andrew

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”