HT1250 Firmware Upgrade Issue

Release notes for new versions of programming software and firmware, for any product, should be posted here, as well as topics discussing issues and bugs with and FSB's/SRN's for particular releases.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

John Moem

HT1250 Firmware Upgrade Issue

Post by John Moem »

Greetings.

I have obtained through my MOL account the Pro CPS non-4 line flash upgrade to the R05.18.01 version for my HT1250s. Using all Motorola devices (RIB, flashing adapter, cables, etc.), I successfully upgraded my HT1250 radio (H25KDH9AA6ANFG). All went perfectly.

However, I then attempted to upgrade my other HT1250 radio (H25KDH9AA6ANFD). When I get to the point where I have switched the adapter to A and have removed and reinstalled the battery (it's in bootstrap now), and hit "OK", I get this odd warning, "Different model is detected, please use original radio". Since programming didn't occur, I still have a functional radio (whew)!

I recognize the "FG" radio is an AA region and the "FD" radio is a FD region, but the registry hack has the CPS recognizing both regions. Besides, the upgrade tool states it's applicable to all regions. So, I'm thinking it's not a region issue.

Anyone know what's going on? Thanks for any help and advice. John
John Moem

Re: HT1250 Firmware Upgrade Issue

Post by John Moem »

It looks like I figured it out. I don't know what the cause of the error message was, but by rebooting the PC, the second radio upgraded just fine.

John

Return to “Software & Firmware Releases & Issues”